Saturday, October 18, 2008

Navy Ball



Matty and I went to our first Navy ball together last night. We had been told how much fun it was last year and that we should really give it a go. So I wore my bridesmaid dress from Christina's wedding and Matt wore his choker whites. He looked so handsome ;-) . We got there had a couple drinks and mingled. Then we had dinner (not too tasty). I had high hopes for the giant cake that would be cut later. After dinner there were a couple laim dance songs, s/a the electric slide, celebration, cotton eye joe. Then 3 speakers were to talk about there IA experience. Evidently no time limit was set and these poor guys were not public speakers. Looking around the room, people were yawning and talking amongst themselves. I excused myself to the ladies room between speakers and on the way back found Matt and some others in the bar. I was there for quite some time before I went back. I figured the speaking would be almost over. I was wrong. During the featured speakers talk the county commissioner,who was a few seats away, collapsed. For a while the speaker kept going but then EMT's got there and it was obvious his condition was serious. We and most of the party goers stepped out for his privacy. During that time 1/2 - 1/3 of the attendees left the ball all together. Hard to have fun and dance after that. Matt and I and most of the Vigilant Eagles stayed. There were a bunch of door prizes to be had and our odds had just improved. We ended up having a good time and Matt won a $100 savings bond. It definitely wasn't what I expected but it was nice to dress up and go out with my husband. Ohh, and the cake was excellent!

1 comment:

Michael and Kim said...

What a beautiful couple!